Patti H. Grimsley - Clerk
Annie B. Williams - Chief Deputy
Karen Burke - Deputy
Kelley Sodowsky, Deputy
Twiggs County was created in 1809, taking its territory from Wilkinson County. Georgia's 37th county was named for General John Twiggs, a prominent leader in the Revolutionary War and the Indian Wars.
There are several sites of interest listed on the National Register of Historic Places: the Hollwood Plantation, the Old Richland Baptist Church (1811), the county courthouse (1903), Gleeson Hall, Bullard House, Charlane Plantation and Myrick's Mill. Lafayette stopped at this mill during his tour of Georgia in 1825.